The Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti was launched by the defence minister in 2018.
- The event showcased salient inventions and innovations achieved by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs), and Ordnance Factories (OFs) which have resulted in successful filing of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) applications.
- The Directorate General of Quality Assurance (DGQA) has been entrusted with the responsibility of coordinating and implementing the programme.
As part of the ongoing initiatives to enhance self-reliance in defence, the Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti aims to provide a boost to the IPR culture in indigenous defence industry.
- IPR emerged as a key ingredient of an ecosystem which stimulates innovation and ingenuity.
- It highlighted the need to migrate from the culture of seeking Transfer of Technology (ToT) from foreign sources to generating Intellectual Property in India, to achieve the goal of self-reliance in Defence sector.
IP Facilitation Cell:
- To achieve ambitious targets of training 10,000 personnel of Ordnance Factories (OFs) and Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs) on IPR.
- To facilitate filing of at least 1,000 new IPR applications.