- To accelerate access to high quality family planning choices based on information, reliable service and supplies within a right based framework.
- To reach the replacement level fertility goals of 2.1 by 2025.
- Focus on improving access to contraceptives through delivering assured services, dovetailing with new promotional schemes, ensuring commodity security, building capacity (service providers), creating an enabling environment along with close monitoring and implementation.
- It will also distribute a kit (Nayi Pahal) containing products of family planning and personal hygiene among newly-wed couples.
- It will increase sterilization services, roll out injectable contraceptive at sub centre level and generate awareness about condoms and pills.
- Focus will be on 145 high fertility districts in seven high Total Fertility Rate (TFR) states (Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh,Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Assam) having TFR of 3 and above.