National Action Plan for Drug Demand Reduction (NAPDDR)
- The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has formulated a National Action Plan for Drug Demand Reduction (NAPDDR) for 2018-2025.
- The Plan aims at reduction of adverse consequences of substance (drug) abuse through a multi-pronged strategy.
Nasha Mukt Bharat/Drug-free India campaign
- Nasha Mukt Bharat Annual Action Plan for 2020-21 would focus on 272 districts which are identified as most affected in terms of usage of substances and launch a three-pronged attack combining efforts of Narcotics Bureau, Outreach/Awareness by Social Justice and Treatment through the Health Dept.
Extent and Pattern of Substance Use in India
- The Ministry has conducted the first National Survey on Extent and Pattern of Substance Use in India through the National Drug Dependence Treatment Centre (NDDTC) of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi during 2018.
- As per the report, Alcohol is the most common psychoactive substance used by Indians followed by Cannabis and Opioids.