Context: Union Minister of Education recently virtually launched Lilavati Award-2020: AICTE's Innovative education program to empower women.
More on the news:
- To treat women with ‘equality and fairness’ in all spheres of life, by the means of this initiative, all the stakeholders (especially the girl students) in AICTE approved institutions would get a unique opportunity.
- The opportunity is to present a solution to the prevalent issues of gender discrimination, which includes illiteracy, unemployment, economic and nutritional disparities, maternal mortality, human rights, etc.
- Also, if anyone has already made a successful effort towards making a mark in the society, in establishing women’s emancipation/ empowerment at large, she/ he can showcase their efforts/ contributions.
About Lilavati Award-2020
- Theme: Women empowerment
- Objective: To create awareness about issues like sanitation, hygiene, health, nutrition, literacy, employment, technology, credit, marketing, innovation, skill development, natural resources, and rights among women.
- Covering multidisciplinary areas: Women's health, self-defense, sanitation, literacy, entrepreneurship, and legal awareness
- Significance: The program is expected to ensure the participation of women and enable them to hold higher positions in educational institutions.