Context: The Leather Sector Skill Council (LSSC) recently announced the launch of the Skill Certification Assessment for Leather Employees (SCALE) India android app.
About the SCALE India Android App
- The platform caters to the needs of all the stakeholders of the skilling and employment ecosystem namely – candidate/trainee, employer, employee, assessor, and trainer - all at one place.
- The App will be providing end to end quality assurance across training, assessment, and certification services.
- It will also help employers engage with other stakeholders seamlessly and provide a marketplace for human capital for the leather industry.
- SCALE will help candidates in the skilling ecosystem to get assessed and certified on their knowledge, skills, and behavior on a specific qualification pack.
- The App also enables access to micro-learning modules for bridging the skill gaps that are identified and can be re-assessed and certified at the end of the learning on the specific qualification pack.
- The candidates can search for employment opportunities and connect with employers post completion of their certification.
Leather Sector Skill Council (LSSC)
- It operates under the aegis of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship(MSDE).
- It is a non-profit organization dedicated to meet the demand for skilled workforce in the leather industry in India.
- LSSC was set up in 2012 as one of the key sector skill councils approved by the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
- It caters to the training and employment needs of various sub-sectors in the leather industry such as Finished Leather, Footwear, Garments, Leather Goods, Accessories, Saddlery and Harness sectors.
Image Source: IndiaEducationDiary