Learn and Earn Scheme
- To encourage the youth from the minority communities to take up employment based skills training
- To bring down the unemployment rate of minority communities.
- To improve employability of existing workers, school dropouts and to ensure their placements.
- To conserve and update traditional skills of minorities and establish their linkages with the market.
- This is a placement linked skill development scheme for minorities aiming to upgrade the skills of minority youth in various modern/traditional skills depending upon their qualification, present economic trends and market potential, which can earn them suitable employment or make them suitably skilled to go for self-employment.
- This a Central Sector scheme
- The scheme ensures placements of minimum 75% trainees, out of which at least 50% placement is in the organized sector.
- The scheme is implemented through selected Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs) all over the country
- Minority candidate between 14-35 years of age with minimum class V qualification.
- Minority Women candidates (33%).
- Disabled candidates and non-minority BPL can also be considered.