Context: Union Education Minister recently launched the ‘KAPILA’ Kalam Program for Intellectual Property Literacy and Awareness campaign on the 89th birth anniversary of former President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
More on the news:
- The Institution Innovation Council (IIC 2.0) annual report was also presented on the occasion and the launch of IIC 3.0 was announced.
- The Institution Innovation Council was established by the Ministry of Education in 2018.
- So far, IICs have been established in about 1700 higher educational institutions.
- The IICs will be established in 5000 higher educational institutions under IIC 3.0.
- The IIC 3.0 website was also launched on the occasion.
- It has also been decided to celebrate the week of October 15th to 23rd as ‘Intellectual Property Literacy Week’.
‘KAPILA’ Kalam Program
- Under the ‘KAPILA’ Kalam Program, students pursuing education in higher educational institutions will get information about the correct system of the application process for patenting their invention and they will be aware of their rights.
- Benefits: The students in higher education institutions of the country are innovating constantly under the guidance of their teachers.
- However, they are not aware of the system of filing its patent but under this campaign, students will be able to get benefits from their inventions by patenting them.
Image Source: TH