- The Kaladan Multi-Modal Transit Transport Project is a bilateral agreement between India and Myanmar.
- It, among others, involves the connecting of Aizwal (Mizoram) with the deep-water Sittwe Port in Myanmar.
The project involves (Stretch – Mode – Distance):
- Kolkata to Sittwe port in Myanmar – Shipping – 539 km
- Sittwe to Paletwa (River Kaladan) – Inland Water Transport (IWT) – 158 km
- Paletwa to Indo-Myanmar Border (in Myanmar) v Road – 110 km
- Border to NH.54 (Lawngtlai) (in India) – Road – 100 km