Aims and objectives of the scheme:
- To provide scholarships to economically backward students from the North East Region for pursuing general degree courses, technical and professional degree courses.
- It is envisaged to provide 10000 scholarships annually.
About the scheme:
- Ishan Vikas is coordinated by IIT, Guwahati and under the programme, selected school children from North Eastern States are brought in close contact with the Indian Institute of Technology (IITs), Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) and National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) during the vacation period to motivate them to pursue science, technology, engineering and mathematics and to facilitate internship opportunities for the engineering college students in various institutes of national importance.
- Annual target is to provide visits of 96 school children to premier institutes and summer internships to 250 engineering students.
- Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme is administered by University Grants Commission (UGC)