Context: The Ministry of Minority Affairs has released a set of 5 infographics to highlight the initiatives and achievements of the Ministry over the last six years.
Initiatives and achievements:
- Skill Development, Employment & Employment opportunities
- USTAAD:- The Scheme aims at upgrading Skills and Training in preservation of traditional Ancestral Arts/Crafts of minorities.
- Nai Manzil: A bridge course to bridge the academic and skill development gaps of the deeni Madrasa passouts with their mainstream counterparts.
- Seekho aur Kamao(Learn and Earn): Union Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India on 23 September 2013 launched a central sector scheme for Skill Development of Minorities. Main Objectives
- To bring down the unemployment rate of minorities during the 12th Plan period (2012-17).
- To conserve and update traditional skills of minorities and establish their linkages with the market.
- To improve employability of existing workers, school dropouts etc and ensure their placement.
- To generate means of better livelihood for marginalised minorities and bring them in the mainstream.
- To enable minorities to avail opportunities in the growing market.
- To develop potential human resources for the country.
- Hunar Haat---Opportunities for artisans, chefs etc with special focus on Women empowerment
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK)--- focusing on socio-economic-educational and employment oriented infrastructure across the country in minority concentrated areas
Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK) seeks to provide better socio economic infrastructure facilities to the minority communities particularly in the field of education, health & skill development which would further lead to lessening of the gap between the national average and the minority communities with regard to backwardness parameters.
- The erstwhile Multi-sectoral Development Programme (MsDP) has been restructured and renamed as Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram for effective implementation.
- The restructured scheme is to be implemented during the remaining period of the 14th Finance Commission ie. March 31, 2020.
- Educational Empowerment
- Utilisation of Waqf properties - Geo tagging and Digitisation of Waqf properties across the country ensuring utilization of Waqf properties for welfare of the society.
Image Source: wordpress