Joint Military Exercise MAITREE-2019 between India and Thailand will be conducted at Foreign Training Node, Umroi (Meghalaya) from 16-29 Sep 2019. About Exercise Maitree
Also read: Eurasian Economic Forum India South Korea Relation
- Exercise MAITREE is an annual training event which is being conducted alternatively in Thailand and India since 2006.
- It is a joint military exercise between the Indian Army and the Royal Thai army.
- The scope of this exercise covers company level joint training on counter-terrorism operations in the jungle and urban scenario.
- Exercise MAITREE with Thailand is significant in terms of the security challenges faced by both the nations in the backdrop of changing facets of global terrorism.
- The joint military exercise will enhance the level of defense co-operation between Indian Army (IA) and Royal Thailand Army (RTA) which in turn will further foster defense cooperation and bilateral relations between the two nations.