The First Apache Helicopter formally handed over to the IAFContext:
- Well, the first AH-64E (I) - The Apache Guardian helicopter was formally handed over to the Indian Air Force at Boeing production facility in Mesa, Arizona, USA on 10 May 2019.
About AH-64E Apache
- The IAF had signed a contract with the US Government and M/s Boeing Ltd in Sep 2015 for 22 Apache helicopters.
- The first batch of these helicopters is scheduled to be shipped to India by July this year.
- The addition of AH-64 E (I) helicopter is a significant step towards modernisation of Indian Air Force’s helicopter fleet.
Moreover, these attack helicopters will provide a significant edge in any future joint operations in support of the land forces. Read More: RSTV Summary Read More: AIR Summary
- Well, the helicopter has been customized to suit the IAF’s future requirements and also would have significant capability in the mountainous terrain.
- In fact, these helicopters has its own capabilities to carry out the precision attacks at the standoff ranges and also operate in the hostile airspace with threats from the ground.
- Furthermore, these helicopters ability, to transmit and to receive the battlefield picture, to and from the weapon systems through the data networking makes it a lethal acquisition.