- Recently, Minister of Commerce and Industry launched ‘SWAYATT’ initiative and GeM Start-up Runway initiative.
Read More Articles: Prime Minister’s Office (PMO)-Functions and structures
- SWAYATT is an initiative to promote Start-ups, Women and Youth Advantage Through eTransactions on Government e Marketplace (GeM).
- In fact, it will bring together the key stakeholders within the Indian entrepreneurial ecosystem to the Government e-Marketplace, the national procurement portal.
- GeM Start-up Runway is an initiative of GeM in association with Startup India to facilitate Start-ups registered with Startup India to access the public procurement market and sell innovative products and services to government buyers.
- It would provide an opportunity to start-up to conduct market trials, seek time-bound feedback, gain realistic product, price comparison, and market valuation.