Ministry Human Resource Development has given its approval for the setting up of country’s first national school board for Vedic Education- Bhartiya Shiksha Board (BSB). About
Read More Articles: What are Minority Educational Institutions Government Initiatives to Monitor Quality of Education
- Its objective is to standardize Vedic Education through drafting syllabus, conducting examinations and issuing certificates.
- BSB will also be assigned the responsibility of evolving new kinds of schools that offer a blend of Vedic and modern education apart from affiliating traditional pathshalas.
- It will address the problem of recognizing traditional learning.
- The board will be set up as per the model bye-laws framed by Maharshi Sandipani Rashtriya Vedavidya Pratishthan, an autonomous body under the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- MSRP was set to develop and propagate oral studies of the Vedas.
- It currently affiliates 450 institutions of traditional learning like pathshalas and guru-shishya parampara yojana across the country.
- Moreover, this organization has been conducting both Class X and XII examinations, and its certificates are not considered equivalent to the mainstream levels of education by the several institutions.