Aims of the scheme: IMPRESS aims to encourage social science research in policy relevant areas so as to provide vital inputs in policy-formulation, implementation and evaluation. The IMPRESS is implemented by the ICSSR.
About the scheme:
- It was launched in 2018 .
- Under this, 1,500 research projects will be funded for 2 years.
- Identified domains under the scheme are - State and democracy, Urban transformation, Media culture and society, Employment skills and rural transformation, Governance innovation and public policy, innovation, Agriculture and rural development, Social media and society, Politics law and economics
- Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) was established in the year of 1969 by the Government of India to promote research in social sciences in the country.
- ICSSR provides grants for projects, fellowships, international collaboration, capacity building, survey, publications etc. to promote research in social sciences in India.