Context: The Ministry of Power has initiated the ‘#iCommit’ campaign, a clarion call to all stakeholders and individuals to continue moving towards energy efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainability to create a robust and resilient energy system in the future.
More on the news:
- The campaign is launched on the occasion of World Environment Day.
- The ‘#iCommit’ initiative is driven by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), under the administration of the Ministry of Power, Government of India.
About EESL: Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), under the administration of the Ministry of Power, Government of India, is working towards mainstreaming energy efficiency and is implementing the world’s largest energy efficiency portfolio in the country.
- Driven by the mission of Enabling More - more transparency, more transformation, and more innovation, EESL aims to create market access for efficient and future-ready transformative solutions that create a win-win situation for every stakeholder.
About the campaign:
- The initiative will also celebrate and promote key undertakings of Government of India such as National Electric Mobility Mission 2020, FAME 1 and 2,Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana, the Saubhagya Scheme,Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojna (UDAY), amongst others.
- The campaign is an attempt to unite a diverse set of players such as Governments, Corporates, Multilateral and Bilateral Organisations, Think Tanks and Individuals.
- It is centred around the idea of building an energy resilient future. The prerequisite for that goal is to create a flexible and agile power system.
- With the imminent changes in the power system, brought about by innovation such as decentralised solar and electric vehicles, collaboration between all stakeholders will be the way forward and is at the core of ‘#iCommit’ campaign.
- A healthy power sector can help the nation in meeting the objective of energy access and security for all.
The Ministry of Power envisages a transformation of the entire energy value chain in the country and has been working towards ensuring 24X7 energy access and security for all our citizens. The ‘#iCommit’ initiative is a step in this direction.
Image Source: iStock