Table of ContentsLast 60 days left for UPSC CSE 2019 Prelims. How to prepare for prelims in the last 2 months is discussed in this article. This article will only guide to frame your own strategy for the last 60 days of UPSC CSE Prelims; strategy must be your own. It contains pinpointed guidelines that you must keep in mind while framing strategy. You can clear Prelims if you are dedicated enough work hard. In this article, we are not providing any magic but few hacks, tricks and a full proof timetable which will help you to realize your dream.
- Study Hours Division
- The focus should be on
- Things to remember
- Do not ignore
- Subject wise strategy
Study Hours Division
- This discussion is simply to help you to form your own strategy for the last 60 days.
- You must resolve to clear Prelims this year whatever may be the difficulty level of the exam on June 2. Once you make a resolution, give everything you have to empower yourself to do very well on “The Day”.
- Your disciplined and consistent study can only lead you your target for this follow your timetable religiously
- Be calm and composed, this is the time to work more and think less
2 – 2.5 hours = Solve Test Paper (Any test Series) 2 – 2.5 hours = Static Subject 1 (Take two subjects at the time) 2 – 2.5 hours = Static Subject 2 1/2 hour = Revise any previous 2 tests 1 hour = GS2 Preparation (If required) 1 hour = Revise static portion what you have studied during the day 1 hour = Revise CA portion what you have studied during the day The focus should be on
- Increase the study hours now, as it is the last lap of your preparation.
- You must devote 12 – 15 hours a day. Division can be like 2 – 2.5 hours = Current Affairs (sources whatever you are referring)
Things to remember
- The pattern of questions asked in the last 5 years
- Important and favorite topics of UPSC like Buddhism, Jainism, Schemes, etc
- Govt Schemes
- Index, reports, and ranking
- Important locations on the map
- History timeline and important events
- Acts passed in last year
- National and international organizations, bodies and groupings
- Economic Survey – especially patterns depicted in graphs
Do not ignore
- Revision is the key.
- Make sure you have short notes for last revision otherwise in spite of reading a lot, you will not get the confidence
- Make feasible targets
- Daily target completion is your sole aimGive small gaps in between to rest your mind
- The test is just a learning process. Don’t get disheartened if you are scoring low. Study even more.
- Unnecessary talking with friends about the exam is wasting your crucial time. Try to limit it.
- Too many books for the single subject are not needed just revision can work here.
Subject wise strategy
- Health – Food, Water, and Sleep
- Previous Year Papers.
- The subject which is not asked in the last few years (Geography for example). UPSC question paper is unpredictable.
- The topics where you are weak.
- Consolidation of everything that you have read
Download:-How to Prepare for Prelims in 2 Months [PDF] Comment down below if you have any query or suggestions.
- Your two subjects must be finished in 10 days.
- You still have to plan at least 3 revisions of each subject. Once 10 days revision is done, next 2 revisions should be done in 5 days and 3 days pattern.
- Try to cover current affairs and the static part of the subject simultaneously.
- 2 subjects if you are choosing to revise together, make sure one is easier for you and other is a bit tougher. This way balanced study can be done.