The 8th India-China joint training exercise scheduled to be conducted at Umroi, Meghalaya from 07 to 20 December 2019.
- The theme of 'HAND-IN-HAND 2019' with the theme of counterterrorism under the United Nations mandate.
About the Hand-in-Hand
- The Chinese contingent from the Tibet Military command comprising of 130 personal
- The Indian Contingent of similar strength will participate in the 14-day long training exercise.
- The exercise is planned at the company level with respective Battalion Headquarters controlling the training.
- The aim of the exercise is to practice joint planning and conduct of counter-terrorist operations in semi-urban terrain.
- The exercise schedule is focused
- Upon training on various lectures
- Drills associated with counter-terrorist handling
- Firing with each other's weapons,
- Special heliborne operations
- Case studies of various operations carried out in counter terrorist environment.
- Two tactical exercises are scheduled during the training
- one on one counter terrorism scenario.
- Humanitarian and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations.