Context: The Ministry of Youth and Sports affairs has signed a statement of intent with YuWaah (a multi-stakeholder platform formed by UNICEF).
More on News:
- The aim is to realise the vision of mobilising 1 crore youth volunteers in India and help reap the demographic dividend with YuWaah’s support.
- India currently has approximately 50% of its population under 25 years which calls robust focus in education and skill development.
- This will include collaboration on -
- Supporting young people in entrepreneurship,
- Upskilling young people,
- Creating linkages with aspirational socio-economic opportunities,
- Promoting changemaking and civic participation among young people,
- Providing career guidance support to young people,
- Supporting direct dialogue and the establishment of a feedback mechanism between young people and policy stakeholders, and
- Building the capacity of the NSS and NYKS cadre and volunteer force on sustainable development goals.
Generation Unlimited India (YuWaah!):
- It is to enable India’s youth and connect them to aspirational work and engage them as active change-makers.
- As a part of Generation Unlimited, UNICEF India program focuses on -
- Career Guidance
- Life Skills
- Youth Engagement
- Flexible Learning
- Businesses, government, innovators, UN agencies, civil society organizations and young people teamed up on 1st November 2019 to launch the initiative so they can both chart India's growth trajectory and gain from it.
Image Source: PIB