Context: Gov-Tech-Thon 2020, a pan-India virtual hackathon, witnessed a successful conclusion recently.
More on the news:
- The hackathon is organized by IEEE, National Informatics Centre (NIC) and Oracle, under the aegis of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India.
- The five problem statements in the hackathon are provided by 3 central Government Ministries – Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Ministry of Road Transport and Highway and Ministry of Education.
The five challenges seeking innovative solutions:
- Suggest alternate crops or crop rotation for farmers during different seasons using artificial intelligence technology, considering the terrain and local challenges to increase the productivity
- Address the issues of poor seed quality effectively by tracing the seeds using BlockChain technology
- A mobile or web based application for scanning, resizing and uploading documents (as required) in a single flow.
- A tool for monitoring online exams from homes or institutions through a combination of remote-supervision software and web cam.
- A self-learning tool for automating Vehicle Fitness Test procedures transparently
- National Informatics Centre (NIC) is an attached office of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- NIC was established in 1976, and has rich experience in providing ICT and eGovernance support to the Government.
- It has emerged as a promoter of digital opportunities for sustainable development.
- NIC spearheaded Informatics-Led-Development by implementing ICT applications in social and public administration and facilitates electronic delivery of services to the government (G2G), business (G2B), citizen (G2C) and government employees (G2E).
About IEEE Computer Society:
- It is a professional society of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) founded in 1946 with its headquarter in Washington DC, USA.
- IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.
- IEEE and its members inspire a global community to innovate for a better tomorrow.
Image Source: IEEE