Recently Sustainable Development Solutions Network released a World Happiness report.
Key highlights of the report:
- This year’s theme is environments for happiness, with special attention to the social environment, happiness in cities and rural areas, and the natural environment, including links between happiness and sustainable development.
- India has been scored at 3.573 points nestled between Lesotho and Malawi nations.
- According to the index, the urban-rural difference in India was high. Also, the report noticed that in India, the peri-urban population was happier than the urban population.
- According to the report, the overall world happiness has fallen over the past few years.
- There has been an increase in negative emotions, including worry, sadness and anger.
- Finland rated as high as 7.809 points for the third consecutive year with Denmark (7.646) and Switzerland (7.560) at the no 2 and 3 spots, respectively.
- Pakistan is ranked 67th, Bangladesh 125th and China is placed at 93rd.
- People in war-torn South Sudan are the most unhappy with their lives, followed by Central African Republic (155), Afghanistan (154), Tanzania (153) and Rwanda (152).
About World Happiness Index
- The World Happiness Report is a landmark survey of the state of global happiness that ranks 156 countries by how happy their citizens perceive themselves to be.
- The World Happiness Report 2020 for the first time ranks cities around the world by their subjective well-being and digs more deeply into how the social, urban and natural environments combine to affect our happiness.
- The World Happiness Report is an annual publication of the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network. It contains articles, and rankings of national happiness based on respondent ratings of their own lives
Also read: Global Gender Gap Index 2020
Image Source: naidunia.com