- Indian Air Force is participating in a Bilateral Joint exercise with Royal Air Force Oman (RAFO), named EX EASTERN BRIDGE-V, scheduled from 17-26 Oct 19, at Air Force Base Masirah.
About the Ex Eastern Bridge-V Exercise :
- IAF contingent comprises of MiG-29 and C-17 aircraft.
- MiG-29 will be exercising with Royal Air Force Oman’s Eurofighter Typhoon, F-16 and Hawk.
- For the first time, MiG-29 fighter aircraft will be participating in an International Exercise outside India.
- The last exercise, EX EASTERN BRIDGE-IV was held in 2017 at Jamnagar.
Significance of Exercise:
- The exercise will enhance interoperability during mutual operations between the two Air Forces and will provide an opportunity to learn from each other’s best practices.
- The participation of the Indian Air Force in the exercise will also promote professional interaction, exchange of experience and operational knowledge.
- Besides strengthening bilateral relations, it will also provide a good opportunity for the air-warriors to operate in an international environment.
Al Nagah Joint Military Exercise
- Al Nagah III is the series of a bilateral joint exercise between India and Oman conducted between March 12 to March 25, 2019, at Oman.
- Al Nagah III Al Nagah III will be held at Jabel Al Akhdar Mountains in Oman.
- The 14-day exercise will see both the armies exchanging expertise and experience in tactics, weapon handling, and firing.
- The exercise is aimed to enhance interoperability in counterterrorist operations in semi-urban mountainous terrain.
- The Indian Army contingent is going to be represented by the 10th Battalion of the Garhwal Rifles. Similar strength is also to be fielded by the Jabel Regiment of Royal Army of Oman.
- Al Nagah I was held at Muscat, Oman in January 2015 and Al Nagah II at Himachal Pradesh, India in March 2017.
- The India-Oman bilateral security ties have continued to evolve and the joint military exercise will go a long way in the enchaining understanding of capabilities and strengthening the camaraderie between both the Armies.
Indian Air Force Exercises:
- Desert Eagle- Joint air combat exercise between the Indian Air Force(IAF) and the United Arab Emirates Air Force.
- INDRA- Joint exercises conducted between army, navy and air force of India and Russia.
- Cope India- A series of international Air Force exercises between the Indian Air Force and the United States Air Force conducted on and over Indian soil.
- SINDEX-Bilateral exercise between India Air Force (IAF) and Singapore.
- Garuda-Bilateral Joint Exercise between France and India(IAF).
- Indradhanush-Joint Air Force Exercise between Indian Air Force(IAF) and the United Kingdom Air Force.