Context: Health Minister lauds the contribution of States in popularising eSanjeevani, the Tele-Medicine platform rolled out by Health Ministry.
- This eSanjeevani platform has enabled two types of telemedicine services viz. Doctor-to-Doctor (eSanjeevani) and Patient-to-Doctor (eSanjeevani OPD) Tele-consultations.
- The former is being implemented under the Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centre (AB-HWCs) programme.
- Patient-to-Doctor (eSanjeevani OPD) Tele-consultations, offered at no cost, this e-health service is rapidly gaining popularity as citizens in around 20 States are now consulting doctors without having to go to the hospital physically.
- This service is available as an Android mobile application as well.
- It also ensures that the patient gets to see the doctor in around five minutes after logging in.