Context: Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare recently launched the ‘eBloodServices’ mobile App through a video conferencing.
About the ‘eBloodServices’ mobile App
- This application is developed by the E-Raktkosh team of Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) under the Digital India scheme in partnership with the Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS)
- Functions of the app
- Through this App, four units of blood can be requisitioned at a time and the blood bank will wait for as long as 12 hours for the person to collect it.
- Between 8-12 pints of blood are in the body of an average adult. 08. One unit of blood is ~525 mL, which is roughly the equivalent of one pint.
- This app makes it easy for those in need to request for Blood units at IRCS.
- Once the request is placed through the app, the requisite units become visible to IRCS, NHQ blood bank in its E-Raktkosh dashboard and this allows assured delivery within the specified time.
- This feature will make it easy for a blood seeker to obtain blood & shall bring the added advantage of complete transparency & single window access to the service.
- It is an initiative to connect, digitize and streamline the workflow of blood banks across the nation.
- e-Raktkosh portal is a Centralized Blood Bank Management System.
- It is a comprehensive IT solution to standardize and streamline the standard operating procedures, guidelines and workflow of blood banks across the nation.
- It enforces the Drug & Cosmetic Act, National blood policy standards and guidelines ensuring proper management of blood.
Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS)
- The Indian Red Cross is a voluntary humanitarian organization having a network of over 1100 branches throughout the country.
- It provides relief in times of disasters/emergencies and promotes health & care of the vulnerable people and communities.
Image Source: NDTV