Doorstep Banking Services by PSBs
- As part of the EASE Reforms, Doorstep Banking Services is envisaged to provide convenience of banking services to the customers at their door step through the universal touch points of Call Centre, Web Portal or Mobile App.
- The services shall be rendered by the Doorstep Banking Agents deployed by the selected Service Providers at 100 centres across the country.
- At present only non-financial services are available to customers. Financial services shall be made available from October 2020.
- The services can be availed by customers of Public Sector Banks at nominal charges.
- The services shall benefit all customers, particularly Senior Citizens and Divyangs who would find it at ease to avail these services.
Performance of PSB on EASE 2.0 Index
- A common reform agenda for PSBs, EASE Agenda is aimed at institutionalizing clean and smart banking.
- It was launched in January 2018, and the subsequent edition of the program ― EASE 2.0 built on the foundation laid in EASE 1.0.
- The overall score of PSBs increased by 37?tween March-2019 and March-2020, with the average EASE index score improving from 49.2 to 67.4 out of 100.
- Enhanced Access and Service Excellence (EASE) Banking Reforms Index is based on six themes:
- Responsible Banking;
- PSBs as UdyamiMitra for MSMEs;
- Credit off-take;
- Customer Responsiveness;
- Deepening Financial Inclusion and Digitalisation;
- Developing Personnel for Brand PSB.
- Bank of Baroda, State Bank of India, and erstwhile Oriental Bank of Commerce were felicitated for being the top three (in that order) in the ‘Top Performing Banks’ category according to the EASE 2.0 Index Results.