Context: With an objective to support and build a strong ecosystem for Indian Apps, MeitY in partnership with Atal Innovation Mission, Niti Aayog launches Digital India AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge for Indian tech entrepreneurs and Startups.
Promotion of Existing Apps and Development of New Apps:
- The focus of the Track 1 is to identify the best Indian Apps that are already being used by citizens and have the potential to scale and become world class Apps in their respective categories.
- This Innovation Challenge with various cash awards and incentives of featuring Apps on Leaderboards seeks to create an ecosystem where Indian entrepreneurs and Startups are incentivised to ideate, incubate, build, nurture and sustain Tech solutions for serving citizens within India but also the world.
- The Mantra is to Make in India for India and the World.
- It is being launched in the following 8 broad categories:
- Office Productivity & Work from Home
- Social Networking
- Health & Wellness
- Business including Agritech and Fin-tech
- Track 2 of the AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge will seek to identify Indian start ups / entrepreneurs /companies and encourage them with ideation, incubation, prototyping and roll out of applications.
- This track will run for a longer course of a time.
Government will also adopt suitable Apps, guide them to maturity and list on Government e-Marketplace (GeM).
Image Source: ET