Objective of the mission : The Digital India programme is a flagship programme of the Government of India with a vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.
More about digital India
- It is an umbrella programme which includes the hitherto National Optical Fiber Network (NOFN) to connect 2,50,000gram Panchayats by providing internet connectivity to all citizens.
- The programme management structure for Digital India consists of a Monitoring Committee on Digital India headed by the Prime Minister, a Digital India Advisory Group chaired by the Minister of Communications & IT and an Apex Committee chaired by the Cabinet Secretary.
- The scheme is to be monitored by a Digital India committee of several ministers.
- Common Service Centres (CSC) Common Services Centers (CSC) scheme is one of the mission mode projects under the Digital India Programme, Ministry of Electronics and IT.
- CSCs are the access points for delivery of Government to Citizen essential public utility services, social welfare schemes, healthcare, financial, education and agriculture services, apart from host of B2C services to citizens in rural and remote areas of the country.
Pillars of Digital India