In News: Recently, Union Minister of State for Culture & Tourism (IC) has launched the E-Portal of CCRT ‘Digital Bharat Digital Sanskriti' and CCRT YouTube Channel.
- The efforts of CCRT will enable the dissemination of cultural education through digital interactive medium into classrooms all over the country.
- CCRT has tied up with Routes 2 Roots, an NGO, for connecting seamlessly all the CCRT Regional Centres i.e., Guwahati, Udaipur and Hyderabad.
- This initiative will strengthen the bonding between citizens of India as the initiative will also a Punjabi to learn Tamil and Vice versa with just a click of a button.
- The Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT) is one of the premier institutions working in the field of linking education with culture.
- Established in 1979, pioneered by Smt. Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay and Dr Kapila Vatsyayan, it functions as an autonomous organization under the aegis of the Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
- CCRT has been contributing to the strengthening of the foundation of the nation by making education culture-based and meaningful.
- The CCRT has its headquarters in New Delhi and three Regional Centres at Udaipur in the west, Hyderabad in the south and Guwahati in the north-east to facilitate the widespread dissemination of Indian art and culture.