Context:The Ministry of Tourism has launched its "DekhoApnaDesh" webinar series to provide information on the many destinations and the culture and heritage of our Incredible India.
More about the news:
- Showcasing India’s rich culture:
- Series of webinars will be an on-going feature and the Ministry would work towards showcasing the diverse and remarkable history and culture of India
- It also includes showcasing its monuments, cuisine, arts, dance forms. natural landscapes, festivals and many other aspects of the rich Indian civilization.
- It is based mainly on tourism awareness and social history.
- ‘City of Cities- Delhi's Personal Diary': The first webinar
- It was part of a series that touched upon the long history of Delhi as it has unfolded 8 other cities.
- Also each of these 8 cities are unique in its character and they leave behind traces which makes Delhi the magnificent city that it is today.
- The recent session was conducted by the India city walks for the Ministry of Tourism.
- Launch of webinar in public domain soon:
- The next webinar is on the 16th of April from 11 am to 12 noon and shall take visitors to the amazing City of Kolkata.
- The webinar will be available in public domain soon.
Significance of the initiative
- Boosting tourism sector
- Owing to Coronavirus pandemic, tourism is hugely impacted with no domestic or international movement.
- However with the use of technology it is possible to visit places and destinations virtually and plan travels for a later date.
Image Source:Economic times