- Declaration Of World Heritage Sites By UNESCO (PIB) India has 38 World Heritage Sites at present
- "International Women’s Day: 10 million more girls at risk of child marriage due to COVID-19, warns UNICEF (DTE)" School closures, job losses and increased economic insecurity, the interruption of support services for families and parental deaths due to the pandemic put the most vulnerable girls at increased risk of child marriage, the report titled COVID-19: A threat to progress against child marriage released March 8, 2021, said.
- Explained: In recent controversies, IIMs and the question of autonomy (IE) The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), for decades the brightest jewel in the country’s higher education set-up, are going through a phase of turmoil.
- Explained: Revisiting the quota template(IE); SC seeks States’ views on 50% cap on quota (TH) The Supreme Court will examine whether it needs to revisit its landmark 1992 decision on reservations in the Indra Sawhney ruling. What was the landmark ruling, and what has given it a new context?
- "All Major Schemes of WCD Ministry classified under 3 Umbrella Schemes viz. Mission Poshan 2.0, Mission Vatsalya and Mission Shakti " For effective implementation of various schemes and programmes of the Ministry of Women and Child Development..
International Relations: GS2
- Explained: Why International Women’s Day is celebrated on March 8 (IE) The concept of International Women’s Day emerged in the early 1900s at a time of great unrest and debates among women against oppression and inequality. In 1908, 15,000 women marched through New York City demanding shorter hours, better pay and voting rights.
- Biden rolls Kabul dice, what it means in New Delhi (IE) Given India’s growing stakes in Afghanistan, New Delhi will take a strong interest in the ambitious new US framework and the multiple challenges that are likely to come up in its implementation.
- Explained: Why NUE marks next inflection point for India’s payments ecosystem? (IE) As envisaged by the RBI, an NUE will be a non-profit entity that will set-up, manage and operate new payment systems, especially in the retail space such as ATMs, white-label PoS; Aadhaar-based payments and remittance services. In addition to this, they will develop new payment methods, standards and technologies as well as operate clearing and settlement systems.