GS2: Issues and Challenges Pertaining to the Federal Structure
- Rengma Nagas demand autonomous council The Rengma Nagas in Assam have written to Union Home Minister Amit Shah demanding an autonomous district council
GS2: Issues Relating to Development and Management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health
- Crackdown on fake medicines Interpol-led Operation Pangea XIV targeted sale of fake medicines, products
GS2: Appointment to various Constitutional Posts, Powers, Functions and Responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies.
- New Election Commissioner appointed President Ram Nath Kovind on Monday appointed Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra to take over as Chief Election Commissioner from Sunil Arora.
GS3: Science and Tech
- Bring genomic sequencing into the pandemic fight Emerging variants, with evidence of higher transmissibility and immune escape, demand re-strategised responses
GS3: Indian Economy
- DHFL resolution Plan: why is it important The Nation Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) has approved the Piramal Group's Rs 37,250 crore bid for debt-ridden Dewan Housing Finance Ltd (DHFL). What hurdles has the process faced?
GS3: Science and Tech
- Explained: New drug for Alzheimer’s USFDA has approved the first new drug for Alzheimer’s disease in two decades. While it raises hope, it’s costly, and not a cure — it seeks to slow progression. Dementia, including Alzheimer’s, affects 1 in 27 Indians above 60 years.
- What caused the Fastly internet that hit major website globally Major media portals, including those of The New York Times, Financial Times and The Guardian, were affected, in addition to websites such as Reddit, Amazon.com, and Spotify.
- In proposed returns of supersonic flying, the benefits and the concerns If the deal gets through, the new supersonic “Overture” aircraft will become the world’s fastest commercial airliner, reducing travel time by about half of today’s planes.
Down to Earth
- Kinnaur hydroelectric project: A setback for Himachal’s natural resources, culture The proposed 804 mega watt Jangi Thopan Powari hydroelectricity project over the Satluj threatens life, livelihood and ecology in the basin
- Scientists identify genes to improve fertiliser nitrogen use efficiency in rice Every year, urea worth Rs 50,000 crore is lost from Indian farms, with rice and wheat accounting for about two-thirds of it.
- Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-cell (CAR-T) therapy CAR T-cells (chimeric antigen receptor T-cells) are cells that are genetically engineered to produce an artificial T-cell receptor, which is widely used in developed nations for immunotherapy during cancer treatment. But the technology is not available in India yet.