GS2: Parliament and State Legislatures—Structure, Functioning, Conduct of Business, Powers & Privileges and Issues Arising out of these.
- Should only elected legislators be eligible for chief ministership? The option provided in the Constitution should be used with honesty, not just to tinker with politics
GS3: Role of Media and Social Networking Sites in Internal Security Challenges
- FB cannot duck onus on content: SC (Delhi riot of feb 2020) Capital can ill afford another riot and social media platforms can influence vast sections, says order
GS3: Indian Economy, mobilisation of resources
- A blip This year’s restrictions by States have inflicted less economic costs than the 2020 lockdown
- SEBI eases commodity contract rules SEBI on Thursday relaxed the advance intimation requirement for exchanges for carrying out modifications in the contract specifications of commodity derivatives contracts.
- Panel report on data Bill hangs fire The Ministry of Electronics and Information and Technology (MeitY) helms the Bill. The Bill seeks to provide protection of personal data
GS3: Role of External State and Non-state Actors in creating challenges to Internal Security.
- Tracking fugitives everywhere In the absence of a coordinated database, criminals can go undetected
GS3: Bilateral, Regional and Global Groupings and Agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests.
- Cairn says it has got court nod to attach 20 Indian assets in Paris The Cairn Energy dispute with India over the settlement of a $1.2 billion award from The Hague, took a dramatic turn on Thursday, with the company saying it had secured a French court order allowing it to freeze at least 20 Indian properties in Central Paris.
GS2: Issues pertaining to federalism
- FinMin releases ₹9,871-cr. grant to 17 States The eligibility of states to receive this grant and the quantum of grant was decided by the Commission based on the gap between assessment of revenue and expenditure of the state after taking into account the assessed devolution for the financial year 2021-22
GS3: Storage, Transport and Marketing of Agricultural Produce and Issues and Related Constraints
- Cabinet extends Agri Infra Fund loans to APMCs The Centre has decided to allow state-run market yards to access financing facilities through its Agricultural Infrastructure Fund to calm the fears of protesting farmers that such market yards are being weakened.
GS2: Structure, Organization and Functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary
- What is the Collegium system’s role in protecting democracy? Dushyant Dave writes: Selection of deserving judges is essential to ensure independence of judiciary. The Collegium must do its best in this task
GS2: Structure, Organization and Functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary—Ministries and Departments of the Government
- Explained: Why a Cooperation Ministry The newly formed Ministry of Cooperation, headed by Amit Shah, will aim to strengthen the cooperative movement in the country. How do cooperatives work, and why was the need for the new Ministry felt?
GS3: Awareness in the fields of IT, Space
- "Explained: What plumes on Enceladus tell us about possibility of life on Saturn’s Moon" A paper published last month in Nature Astronomy concluded that there may be unknown methane-producing processes on Enceladus that await discovery.
GS2: Issues Relating to Development and Management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- "Cabinet approves ""India COVID 19 Emergency Response and Health Systems Preparedness Package: Phase II” at a cost of Rs 23,123 crore" The Phase-II of the Package has Central Sector (CS) and Centrally Sponsored Schemes (CSS) components.