- In Stanford ranking, hope for Indian science (TH) Its grading of scientists could provide much-needed impetus in the backdrop of the National Research Foundation plan
- Explained: Emergency approval in India (IE) India's regulations provide for 'accelerated approval' in special situations. ... Three Covid-19 vaccine developers seek emergency use approval in India: what ... The definition of new drug in the 2019 Rules includes a vaccine.
- "NITI Aayog and Patna High Court initiate a drive for the use of technology to advance Access to Justice through Online Dispute Resolution(ODR) (PIB)" ODR is the resolution of disputes, particularly smalland mediumvalue cases, using digital technology and techniques of alternate dispute resolution (ADR), such as negotiation, mediation, and arbitration. While courts are becoming digitized through the efforts of the judiciary, more effective, scalable, and collaborative mechanisms of containment and resolution are urgently needed. ODR can help resolve disputes efficiently and affordably.
GS3: Science & Technology
- The rise of the AI economy (TH) Three areas need attention if India is aiming to become the AI powerhouse of the world
- Organochlorines may be behind Eluru mystery illness; why is that worrisome (DTE) A ‘mystery disease’ has left 450 patients in Eluru, Andhra Pradesh with seizures, nausea, dizziness and headaches. One person even died December 8. Among tentative reasons being blamed are organochlorides.
- Stakeholders must unite for timely 5G rollout, says Modi (TH) And, most important, AI should not become the monopoly of a few and should not become an instrument of weaponisation,”
GS2: International Relations
- SAARC needs a terror-free milieu: PM (TH) “The full potential of SAARC can only be realised in an atmosphere free of terror and violence,” Mr. Modi said in a letter released by the SAARC secretariat in Kathmandu, that indicated India’s concerns over cross-border terrorism from Pakistan remain a primary obstacle in India’s participation in the summit. He also called for SAARC countries to “recommit to defeating the forces that support and nurture terrorism.”