- SC rejects petition against any move to deport Rohingya detained in Jammu (IE) A SC bench noted that the Centre in its reply had made “two serious allegations”, which “relate to (i) the threat to internal security of the country; and (ii) the agents and touts providing a safe passage into India for illegal immigrants, due to the porous nature of the landed borders”.
GS3: Agriculture marketing issues
- Plough to plate, hand held by the Indian state(TH) The distinct characteristics of India’s agriculture require that a reformed state must ensure farmer, consumer welfare
- RBI’s first purchase under G-SAP 1.0 set for April 15(TH) Eyes securities worth ₹25,000 crore
GS3: Internal Security
- Developing a counterinsurgency strategy that actually works (IE) Any strategy to counter left-wing extremism would need to have the dual objective of defeating the insurgents militarily and fully quelling insurgent impulses.
GS3: Science and Tech
- ‘Double mutant’ strain named B.1.617 (TH) first variant to have 2 mutations that enable it to evade antibodies and increase infectivity.
- Environment ministry amendment gives coal thermal power stations full licence to pollute: CSE (DTE) The modified notification favours operation of old inefficient coal power stations, which can continue to run indefinitely on paying a nominal penalty