- Inter-faith marriages, conversion and the law (TH) What are the provisions of the Special Marriage Act? The Special Marriage Act, 1954 (SMA) was enacted to facilitate the marriage of couples professing different faiths.
- Explained: What Haryana’s move to reserve 75% private jobs means for companies (IE) Andhra Pradesh’s decision of introducing 75 per cent reservation for local candidates was challenged in the Andhra Pradesh High Court which observed that “it may be unconstitutional”. The Andhra Pradesh High Court had asked state government to inform if the quota-law was enacted as per the Constitution.
GS2: International Relations
- ‘Strategic comfort’ with the Maldives (TH) Despite the ‘India Out’ protests, New Delhi can take respite in the Solih government’s ‘India First’ policy
- Explained: What is PLI scheme & which sectors will be under it? (IE) In order to boost domestic manufacturing and cut down on import bills, the central government in March this year introduced a scheme that aims to give companies incentives on incremental sales from products manufactured in domestic units. Apart from inviting foreign companies to set shop in India, the scheme also aims to encourage local companies to set up or expand existing manufacturing units.
- Demonetisation helped to reduce black money, increase tax compliance and given a boost to transparency: PM (PIB) https://pib.gov.in/PressReleseDetail.aspx?PRID=1671214
- Atal Innovation Mission and Sirius (Russia) Launch ‘AIM–Sirius Innovation Programme 3.0’(PIB) Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Sirius, Russia, today launched ‘AIM–Sirius Innovation Programme 3.0’– a 14-day virtual programme for Indian and Russian schoolchildren. The first Indo-Russian bilateral youth innovation initiative, the AIM–Sirius programme seeks to develop technological solutions (both web- and mobile-based) for the two countries.
- "MoRTH issues notification for Promotion of Digital and IT based payment of fees through FASTag; all 4 wheel vehicles required to have FASTags from 1st January 2021 (PIB)" As per Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989, since 1st December 2017, the FASTag had been made mandatory for all registration of new four wheeled Vehicles and is being supplied by the Vehicle Manuracturer or their dealers. It had further been mandated that the renewal of fitness certificate will be done only after the fitment of FASTag for the Transport Vehicles. Further that for National Permit Vehicles the fitment of FASTag has been mandated since 1st oct 2019.
GS3: Science & Technology
- Explained: EOS-01, India’s latest earth observation satellite that was launched today (IE) India sent its first space mission in almost a year with a launch of EOS-01, an earth observation satellite, this afternoon. EOS-01, along with nine satellites from foreign countries, was launched by a PSLV rocket twelve minutes past three.
"Claims through Affidavit Form no longer required now under Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana (ABVKY) of ESIC (PIB)" The Employees' State Insurance Corporation is a pioneer Social Security organization providing comprehensive social security benefits like reasonable Medical Care and a range of Cash Benefits in times of need such as employment injury, sickness, death etc.