- CJI nominates four vacation Benches(TH)CJI nominates judges to hear cases twice a week
- Second wave declining, third can be prevented, says Principal Scientific Advisor(TH) India can avoid a third COVID wave, Principal Scientific Advisor to the Government of India K. VijayRaghavan said.
- The Oxygen Famine(IE) Use of the existing government supply lines, for example, the 5,05,879 fair price shops (part of Public Distribution System), can be one solution. These are distributed through the length and breadth of the country. The use of LPG cylinder distributors can also be explored.
GS2: International Developments
- The fig leaf of patent protection has to drop(TH) The U.S.-supported patent waiver in the COVID fight has the potential to bring in much-needed global health equity
- Pandemic, lockdown calls see cash with public hit record high According to the data released by the Reserve Bank of India, the currency with public rose by Rs 15,919 crore in the fortnight ended April 23 to cross the Rs 28 lakh crore mark for the first time.
- Ayush Ministry launches nationwide distribution campaign of AYUSH 64 & Kabasura Kudineer In a concerted response to the second surge of COVID-19 infection in the country, the Ministry of Ayush is launching a massive nationwide campaign today to distribute its proven poly herbal Ayurvedic drugs AYUSH 64 and Sidha drug Kabasura Kudineer.