GS1: Art and Culture
- Explained: The political significance of Assam’s Sattras (IE) Sattras are monastic institutions created as part of the 16th century Neo-Vaishnavite reformist movement started by Vaishnavite saint-reformer Srimanta Sankaradeva (1449-1596).
- Remove PM’s photo, EC tells Health Ministry (TH) PM's photo on vaccine certificate violates Model Code, says TMC
- Health first, fiscal prudence later (TH) The government can balance LPG subsidies and ensure clean fuel consumption in poorer households
GS2: Social sector development
- Clustering educational institutes and research centres (TH) Clustering is a promising model to achieve a critical mass in a university to invigorate research
- NSD likely to get Institute of Importance status (TH) The government is actively considering giving the Institute of National Importance tag to the National School of Drama
GS2: International Relations
- PM to inaugurate ‘Maitri Setu’ between India and Bangladesh on 9th March (PIB) The bridge ‘Maitri Setu’ has been built over Feni river which flows between Indian boundary in Tripura State and Bangladesh. The name ‘Maitri Setu’ symbolizes growing bilateral relations and friendly ties between India and Bangladesh.
- Explained: Why finalisation of draft CZMP has stoked a controversy in Goa (IE) The Union Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEF), in a notification of January 6, 2011, stated that it wanted to secure the livelihood of the fishing communities and other local communities living in the coastal areas, conserve and protect coastal stretches, their unique environment and marine area and promote development in a sustainable manner.