- The cost of Internet shutdowns (TH) Governments must find a way other than digital curbs to balance civil liberties and security.
- FSSAI caps trans fats in food products (TH) The FSSAI has amended its rules to put a cap on trans fatty acids (TFAs) in food products just weeks after it tightened the norms for oils and fats.
- ‘Disinvestment will be squeaky clean’ (TH) Finance Ministry official says exercise will be done in such a way that its credibility is beyond doubt
- Push for entrepreneurs (TH) Why choosing the right course matters for budding entrepreneurs
GS3: Disaster Management:
- Glacial lake burst or avalanche? Scientists to leave for Uttarakhand disaster site today (IE) Retreating glaciers, like several in the Himalayas, usually result in the formation of lakes at their tips, called proglacial lakes, often bound only by sediments and boulders. If the boundaries of these lakes are breached, it can lead to large amounts of water rushing down to nearby streams and rivers, gathering momentum on the way by picking up sediments, rocks and other material, and resulting in flooding downstream.
GS3: Science and Technology
- Arab world’s first probe near MarsThe five-tonne Tianwen-1 includes a Mars orbiter, a lander and a solar-powered rover that will for three months study the planet's soil and atmosphere, take photos, chart maps and look for signs of past life.