- "Consolidating control(TH) he Tamil minority appears to have imparted some realism into its otherwise fiercely nationalistic voting pattern. It has not wholly backed the TNA, its main representative for years, but instead voted for alternative parties, in what is a clear setback to the TNA.
- "TRIFED Reiterates its commitment towards transformation of tribal lives on the occasion of its Thirty-Third Foundation Day(PIB)" Mary Kom, the World Champion, has joined hands with TRIFED as its brand ambassador and is doing her bit for the tribal brethren. Registered under the then Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act 1984, TRIFED came into existence in 1987 as the national nodal agency under the aegis of Ministry of Tribal Affairs, working towards the socio-economic development of the tribal people from all states.
- Probe dominance of online advertising platforms: report (TH) The report recommends granting limited powers to the Press Council of India, in conjunction with a voluntary registration procedure and the development of a brief, accessible code of conduct as a mechanism for the imposition of editorial responsibility.”
- "Proposals for the construction of nearly 10.28 Lakh houses approved under PMAY (Urban)(PIB)" The Government of India is committed to provide “Housing for All” by the end of the Mission period-2022. A National Urban Housing Fund for Rs. 60,000 crores has been set up for raising Extra Budgetary Resources (EBR) in phases, for the rapid implementation of PMAY (U). Keeping the ethos of cooperative federalism, the States/UTs are implementing the scheme with considerable zeal and initiatives.
- Leopard poaching highest in Uttarakhand, Maharashtra(TH) The conservation status of common leopards was elevated from ‘Near Threatened’ in 2008 to ‘Vulnerable’ in 2015 by the International Union of Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
- "Explained: RBI’s new loan recast scheme(IE); The RBI has set up a five-member expert committee headed by K V Kamath, former Chairman of ICICI Bank, which will make recommendations on the financial parameters required. While the RBI has given the broad contours, the panel will recommend the sector-specific benchmark ranges for such parameters to be factored into each resolution plan for borrowers with an aggregate exposure of Rs 1,500 crore or above at the time of invocation.
- Consumers look to future with optimism as economy reboots(Mint) There is a faint hope that the rural economy may boom because of a good harvest season. But the minimum support price has not been increased. If there is a good kharif harvest, prices may come down, so incomes may not increase and with more members in the family who have migrated back to their villages, per capita income will decline. So, in this uncertain environment, people will not spend,
GS3: Science & Technology
- Tie-up promises vaccine for India(TH) On April 3, the company had said it was working on 'CoroFlu' a one-drop COVID-19 nasal vaccine built on a flu vaccine “backbone” that had proven to be safe in humans.