- Foundation stone laid for ‘New Anubhava Mantapa’(TH) While a project to highlight the teachings of Basaveshwara (an icon of Veerashaiva-Lingayat community) was first proposed back in 2016 when Siddaramaiah was the Chief Minister and a committee led by Go. Ru. Channabasappa was set up to draw a plan, the project getting a push now is politically loaded.
- SC to study anti-conversion laws of Uttarakhand and U.P.(TH) The Supreme Court on Wednesday agreed to examine the constitutional validity of a spate of laws enacted by States such as Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand that criminalise religious conversion via marriage and mandate prior official clearance before marrying into another faith
- Explained: How horizontal, vertical quotas work; what Supreme Court said (IE) The interlocking of the two types of reservation throws up a host of questions on how certain groups are to be identified. For example, would an SC woman be put in the category of women or SC?
International Relations GS2
- Explained: How Saudi and Qatar restored ties, ending a 3- year Middle East crisis (IE) A Saudi Arabia-led coalition of four Middle Eastern countries has announced restoration of diplomatic ties with Qatar. What led to a breakthrough in the crisis?
Economy: Infra GS3
- Supreme Court central vista judgment: What the petitioners argued(IE) In a split decision, the Supreme Court has cleared the Central Vista project. A look at the grounds on which the project was challenged, how the majority verdict ruled on these, and what the dissenting judge said.
- FM reviews NIP as part of infra spending push(TH) The NIP is a part of the Government of India's initiative to provide world-class infrastructure to its citizens and enhance the ease of living,”
Science & Technology GS3
- An Expert Explains: New investments in science(IE) The draft Science, Technology and Innovation Policy released on Jan 1 contains radical and progressive proposals that could be game-changers for not just the scientific research community, but also for the way ordinary Indians interact with Science. The chief author of the policy explains how and why.
- Ministry of Power notifies Norms and Standards for trading of E-certificate under PAT Cycle II (PIB) BEE is a statutory body under the Ministry of Power, Government of India. It assists in developing policies and strategies on energy conservation and efficiency with the primary objective of reducing the energy intensity of the Indian economy. BEE coordinates with designated consumers, designated agencies of the states, and other related organization to identify and utilize the existing resources and infrastructure, in performing the functions assigned to it under the Energy Conservation Act.