- What’s new coronavirus variant in India and how should India change their Covid 19 response(TH) In 15-20% samples from Maharashtra, the state accounting for 62% of cases in the country, a new, double mutation in key areas of the virus has been detected — a major area of concern
- Unchanging Police(IE) There is a petition pending in the Supreme Court since 2013 asking for the implementation of the Prakash Singh directives. Perhaps, now, after the Maharashtra fiasco, the SC may decide that this case merits listing
GS2: Statutory bodies
- CVC new guidelines pertaining to vigilance officers(TH)CVC orders shifting of those serving longer tenures by June 30
GS2: International Relations
- India hosts First Meeting of BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (PIB) India hosted a Meeting of BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors virtually today on April 6, 2021. The meeting was jointly Chaired by Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs, Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman and Governor, Reserve Bank of India, Shri. Shaktikanta Das. Participants included Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors of the BRICS countries.
- What is “Pre-pack”? Insolvency resolution option for MSMEsExperts noted that the pre-pack provisions introduced by the central government also provided for adequate protection to ensure the provisions were not misused by errant promoters.
- Insolvency resolution option for MSMEs(IE) Experts noted that the pre-pack provisions introduced by the central government also provided for adequate protection to ensure the provisions were not misused by errant promoters.
- Vivad Se Vishwas scheme helped govt gain ₹54,005 cr in taxes: CBDT chief (IE) The scheme has achieved its purpose. It has helped in settling disputes, which was the focus area, more than the collection of revenue, PC Mody said