- In SC reading of basics structure,the signature of Kesavanand Bharati The case was primarily about the extent of Parliament’s power to amend the Constitution. First, the court was reviewing a 1967 decision in Golaknath v State of Punjab which, reversing earlier verdicts, had ruled that Parliament cannot amend fundamental rights.
- Govt. suspends FCRA clearance of four Christian groups Any organisation, association or NGO in India cannot receive foreign funds if they do not have a license under the FCRA, which is regulated by the Home Ministry. Suspension of FCRA license means that the NGO can no longer receive fresh foreign funds from donors pending a probe by the ministry.
- 10 clusters under SFURTI to be set up at a cost of about Rs 50 crore to benefit 5000 Artisans The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC), one of the statutory organizations, under the M/o MSME, will implement the program and will handhold the artisans & SHGs with proper backward & forward linkages and needful support.
GS2: Social issues
- Third Rashtriya Poshan Maah being celebrated in the month of September 2020 The 3rd Rashtriya Poshan Maah is being celebrated during the month of September 2020. Every year the Poshan Maah is celebrated under POSHAN Abhiyaan (PM’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment), which was launched in 2018. Ministry of Women and Child Development, being the nodal Ministry for POSHAN Abhiyaan, is celebrating the Poshan Maah in convergence with partner Ministries and departments, at National, States/UTs, Districts, and grass root level.
GS2: International Relations
- India, Iran discuss Afghan peace process . Mr. Singh was on a transit halt in Tehran en route from Moscow to New Delhi where he attended the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Defence Ministers meeting. Iran is an Observer at the SCO.
- India’s virus woes hit imports more than its exports Due to the spread of covid-19, incomes have been substantially hit, causing consumption to fall. And this general lack of demand has shown up in imports crashing. The non-oil, non-gold, non-silver imports, —an excellent indicator of consumer demand—have fallen by 38.6% to. $66 billion.
- EPFO’s ₹1 tn ETF return in negative zone EPFO invests 85% of its annual deposits in debt instruments and the remaining 15% in equity invested via ETFs.
- Research paper calls for change in India’s forest policy: DG Forests The paper, published in 2016 in the Natural Resources Forum, a United Nations Sustainable Development Journal, while illustrating the potential of timber production from trees outside forests (TOFs) — grown outside government recorded forest areas (RFAs) — points to the lack of reliable data relating to growing stock, consumption and production of timber, which constrained forecast of supply and demand projections.
- 4 years after elephant corridor secured in Wayanad,rise in animals,incomesApart from its flagship Asian elephant, the Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary has 45 species of mammals, including tigers, Sambhars, sloth bear, common leopards, Gaurs, spotted deer, Grey Langurs, the Bonnet macaque and the Malabar giant squirrel.
- HC asks Centre to decide on control over Assam Riﬂe Assam Rifles is a Central Para Military Force along with two other forces namely, Special Frontier Force and Coast Guard. However, only Assam Rifles functions under the administrative control of the Home Ministry.“Hence, the administrative control of the Assam Rifles is with the Ministry of Home Affairs, the operational control of Assam Rifles rests with the MoD,