- SC says new rules to regulate OTT platforms lack teeth (TH) The Supreme Court on Friday said the government’s new rules to regulate OTT (over-the-top) platforms lacked teeth to punish violators or to screen offensive content.
- SC quashes notification by Maharashtra EC (TH) The judgment came on petitions challenging Section 12(2)(c) of the Maharashtra Zilla Parishads and Panchayat Samitis Act, 1961, which mandated that the State should provide 27 per cent reservation to OBCs.
International Relations: GS2
- ‘OPEC+ move to hit recovery’ (TH)Oil producers’ decision to extend output cuts may hurt some economies, says India
- India is ‘partly free’, says U.S. thinktank (TH); Nirmala dismisses report on human rights issues (TH)Says think tank has not even got country’s map correct
- Fuel prices to drop if brought under GST, says SBI Research (TH) Bringing petrol and diesel under the GST regime could lead to a loss of as little as ₹1 lakh crore in annual revenue for the Centre and States.
Science & Technology: GS3
- Secrecy shrouds proposed cryptocurrency Bill: IAMAI (TH) There is some amount of ‘secrecy’ around the Cryptocurrency and Regulation of Official Digital Currency Bill, 2021, a new regulation expected to be cleared by govt.
- New space (TH) ISRO must take advantage of the market opportunities from space applications