- Registered unrecognised parties double in last 10 years (TH) There are 2,360 parties registered with ECI and 2,301 or 97.50% of them are unrecognised
- The overall objective of the “NaiRoshni” scheme is to embolden the minority women to move out of the confines of their homes and community and assume leadership roles in society (PIB)" “NaiRoshni”, a scheme for Leadership Development of Minority Women is being implemented across India with an aim to empower and instill confidence in women by providing knowledge, tools and techniques for interacting with Government systems, banks and other institutions at all levels. This includes empowerment of the trainee women so that they become independent and confident members of the society.
- RBI reiterates growth supportive stance (TH) The Monetary Policy Committee also decided to continue with the accommodative stance as long as necessary to revive growth on a durable basis and mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on the economy, while ensuring that inflation remains within the target going forward.
- Explained: What are government securities, why the sudden push? (IE) The g-sec market is dominated by institutional investors such as banks, mutual funds, and insurance companies. These entities trade in lot sizes of Rs 5 crore or more. Should you invest in it? Read our explained to know more.
- Whopping 900% rise in rejection of crop insurance claims (TH) The number of farmers’ crop insurance claims that were rejected by insurance companies under the Centre’s flagship Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana is huge.
Science & Technology: GS3
- Regulatory code for OTT content soon (TH) Twenty-one MPs cutting across the party lines have sought an answer from the government about content on OTT platforms such as Netflix and Amazon