GS2: Issues pertaining to federalism
- A guide to resolving the Assam-Mizoram issue Historical knowledge, sensitivity and an accommodative spirit need to accompany any dialogue and negotiation
GS2: Issues Relating to Development & Management of Social Sector/Services
- Why are government schools not the first choice? Improving the infrastructure of government schools will make them more attractive
GS3: Disaster Management, GS2: India and neighbourhood relations
- India-Nepal flood management needs course correction The two countries need to re-establish water cooperation as a common cause and draw inspiration from the 1950s
GS2: India and neighbourhood-Relations
- No plan to house Indian military base on Agalega island: Mauritius Mauritius has denied a report that it has allowed India to build a military base on the remote island of Agalega,
GS3: Science and Technology
- Earth observation satellite to be launched on Aug. 12 It will enable monitoring of natural disasters, water bodies, crops, forest cover changes etc.
GS3: Indian Economy, Fiscal policy
- Centre moves to redact retrospective tax law Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman introduces Taxation Laws (Amendment) Bill in the Lok Sabha
GS2: Pressure Groups & Formal/informal Associations & Their Role in Polity, GS3: Security
- ‘Defence Services Bill will lapse after a year’ It does not take away right to peaceful protest, the official says.
GS3: Indian Economy & Issues Relating to Mobilization of Resources
- ED slaps Rs 10,600-crore FEMA contravention notice against Flipkart They said the notice under various sections of the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) was issued to 10 people last month that includes Flipkart, its founders Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal, among others.
- What changed after the economic tsunami that hit India in 1991? An economic tsunami hit India in June 1991 with the abolition of import and industrial licensing, followed by the doing away of several other laws, controls and regulations.
Down to Earth
GS2: India and neighbourhood- Relations, GS3: Environmental degradation
- Re-negotiate Indus Treaty with Pakistan in light of climate change: Standing Committee on Water Resources The 1960 Indus Water Treaty between India and Pakistan did not take present-day issues like climate change into account, a new parliamentary report has said
GS2: Schemes for vulnerable sections, Govt. policies and intervention
- A total of 26.79 lakh Artisans registered so far under Pahchan initiative The office of Development Commissioner (Handicrafts) implements various schemes for welfare development of artisans through “National Handicraft Development Programme (NHDP)” and Comprehensive Handicrafts Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS) to emphasize integrated approach for development of handicraft in a holistic manner and provide sustainable livelihood opportunities to the artisans.