- "Explained: How the US counts its votes in the presidential election, and why it’s taking so long; Explained In the US, all elections — federal, state, and local — are directly organised by the ruling governments of individual states. According to the White House website, the US Constitution and laws grant the states wide latitude in how they administer elections, resulting in varying rules across the country.
- What might happen if the US election 2020 result is disputed? (IE)US Election 2020: If Donald Trump disputes the results, it could set off any number of legal and political dramas in which the presidency could be determined by some combination of the courts, state politicians and Congress.
- All insults not offences under SC/ST Act (TH) ‘The insult should be specifically intended to humiliate the victim for his caste’
GS2: International Relations
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh outlines broad principles for national security at a Webinar of National Defence College’s Diamond Jubilee Celebrations (PIB) One of the most important elements of India’s foreign and security policy is characterised by the “Neighbourhood First” initiative, he said. “Right from 2014, Prime Minister Narendra Modi invested substantial personal capital to ensure that this relationship was built and reinforced to create a positive and progressive partnership. The results of this initiative are evident. With the exception of Pakistan, given its agenda of fuelling terrorism, India has improved its relations with all neighbours. We have invested heavily to help and support our friends to forge a relationship of mutual-respect and mutual-interest.”
GS3: Internal Security
- The crucial expertise of CAPFs (TH) The multifarious experience of security forces has helped greatly in combating COVID-19.
- SC order on NPAs causing problems: RBI (TH) Scheme for paying back difference in compound interest and simple interest charged during moratorium for 8 categories of loans worth up to ₹2 crore.
GS3: Science & Technology
- Explained: What is a radio burst, spotted by NASA for the first time in Milky Way? Fast Radio Bursts are bright bursts of radio waves whose durations lie in the millisecond-scale, because of which it is difficult to detect them and determine their position in the sky.
- "Dr Harsh Vardhan gives away Gandhian Young Technological Awards in two categories -SITARE-GYTI and SRISTI-GYTI awards (PIB)" Gandhian Young Technological Innovation awards constitute two categories of awards, SITARE–GYTI under Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), Department of Biotechnology (DBT) and SRISTI-GYTI given by SRISTI. The awards and appreciations are given under these two categories to encourage technology students to move towards setting up Biotech and other start-ups.