- It’s time for a virtual judiciary(TH) It is a fact that most tax matters do not necessitate personal hearings. Tax cases reach tribunals and higher courts after lower authorities record all the facts. The High Courts and the Supreme Court deal with issues or interpretation of the law.
- Right of Multiple entry Life-long Visa facility to visit India for OCI Cardholders, to remain in abeyance till Prohibition on International Air Travel of passengers from/to India is lifted Right of multiple-entry long-term visa facility to OCI cardholders will remain in abeyance: MHA
GS2: Govt Policies
- Conditional exemption to Government entities for COVID-19 related Drone/RPAS operations via GARUD portal(PIB)" Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) and Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) have launched the GARUD portal (https://garud.civilaviation.gov.in) for providing fast track conditional exemptions to government agencies for COVID-19 related RPAS (Remotely Piloted Aircraft System)/ drone operations.
GS2: International Relations
- Indian Navy launches Operation “Samudra Setu”(PIB) Indian Navy has launched Operation “Samudra Setu” - meaning “Sea Bridge”, as a part of national effort to repatriate Indian citizens from overseas. Indian Naval Ships Jalashwa and Magar are presently enroute to the port of Malè, Republic of Maldives to commence evacuation operations from 08 May 2020 as part of Phase-1.
- Pathways to a more resilient economy(TH) Following the pandemic, the redesign of economies, businesses, and lives must begin with questions about purpose
- Explained: Why are MSMEs the worst hit?(IE) Medium, Small & Micro Enterprises have been the focus of the government’s relief package. What makes them most vulnerable to Covid-19 disruptions? A look at the numbers, problems, possible ways forward.
- Govt panel suggests setting up apex land management body(IE) The task force noted there is a need for a separate organisation, which can work with various government departments including Railways and Defence Ministry to utilise their surplus land assets.
- SC says coop banks on a par with other lenders under Sarfaesi Act(Mint)) The Supreme Court on Tuesday brought cooperative banks under a stringent 2002 law that empowers lenders to seize and sell defaulters’ assets, in a boost for these institutions that play a vital role in financial inclusion across large swathes of India.
GS3: Science and Tech
- Explained: What is silent hypoxia, and why has it puzzled doctors?(IE) Many Covid-19 patients, despite having oxygen levels below 80 per cent, look fairly at ease and alert, according to multiple reports. This phenomenon has puzzled several medical practitioners.