- An issue of lives versus livelihoods(TH) That the situations faced by India’s migrants are not a matter of concern in policy making is quite apparent
- Explained: Behind frequent hospital fires in India(IE) 24 fire incidents in hospitals since August have killed 93, mostly Covid patients. A look at how a high patient load and arrangements for the pandemic have stressed the hospital system, making it vulnerable to fire.
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar releases the new framework for implementation of SVAMITVA Scheme(PIB) Union Minister for Panchayati Raj Shri Narendra Singh Tomar released the new framework for implementation of the SVAMITVA Scheme and Coffee Table Book (CTB) to mark the nationwide roll-out of the SVAMITVA Scheme today. The Minister also addressed the States and other stakeholders virtually on this occasion.
GS2: International Relations
- G7 seeks common front on China(TH) The Group of Seven wealthy democracies on Tuesday discussed how to form a common front towards an increasingly assertive China in the Foreign..
- A COVID blot on India’s foreign policy canvas(TH) A direct consequence of the pandemic is that New Delhi’s claim to regional primacy and leadership could take a hit
- Modi-Johnson virtual summit: India, UK adopt Roadmap 2030 to strengthen bilateral ties(IE) The decisions were taken at a virtual summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his British counterpart Boris Johnson.
- Govt. gives TSPs nod for 5G trials; Chinese tech giants left out(TH) The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) on Tuesday gave permission to Telecom Service Providers (TSPs) to conduct trials for the use and application of %G technology.
GS3: Science and Tech
- Scientists see flaws in SUTRA’s approach to modelling pandemic(TH) A parameter that was inaccurate and calibration errors may have led to predictions that did not signal the catastrophic second wave.
- How does a concentrator help?(TH) The device can aid those whose oxygen saturation levels are between 88 and 92 by reducing the burden on the lungs.