- Explained: Results of Maharashtra Legislative Council elections – the seats and the winners(IE) Graduate constituencies: Only those who have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university are eligible to participate in the elections for the graduate seats.
- ‘Majority of ICC members should not be from same dept.'(TH) This is to avoid allegations of bias in sexual harassment cases against high-rank officers, says HC.
GS2: International Relations
- Explained: What is the intellectual property MoU between India and the US, and how will it help?(IE) Trade secrets are intellectual property (IP) rights on confidential information which ... through their own R&D, reverse engineering or marketing analysis, etc. ... A trade secret can be protected for an unlimited period of time.
GS3: Defence and Security
- Navy Day 2020: Why India remembers Operation Trident every year on December 4(IE) Every year, India celebrates December 4 as Navy Day to commemorate Operation Trident – a key offensive during the 1971 India-Pakistan War, when the Indian Navy inflicted heavy damage on Pakistani vessels in Karachi harbour.
- RBI monetary policy Explained: Why have rates been kept unchanged yet again?(IE) The policy panel decided to maintain status quo on the policy rate and continue with the accommodative stance as long as necessary — at least during the current financial year and into the next financial year.
- COVID-19 slowed global progress on energy efficiency: IEA report (DTE) A new report by the International Energy Agency (IEA) has stated that the already sluggish pace of global progress on energy efficiency is set to slow further this year as a result of the economic impacts of the COVID-19 crisis, deepening the challenge of reaching international energy and climate goals and making stronger government actioncritical.
- Low-paid workers, women hit most by COVID-19 wage gaps: ILO report (DTE) COVID-19 drives wages down, new ILO report finds ... new report by the International Labour Organization (ILO) has found that monthly wages fell or grew more ... The crisis has also affected lower-paid workers severely
- MNRE issues Guidelines for Implementation of Feeder Level Solarisation under Component-C of PM-KUSUM Scheme(PIB) The Distribution Company (DISCOM)/Power Department will be the implementing agency for feeder level solarisation in their respective areas. However, state Government may appoint any other expert agency to help DISCOM for tendering and other related activities of installation of solar power plant for feeder level solarisation.