- Ministry of Tourism’s DekhoApnaDesh Webinar on “Mountains to Mangroves – A Journey of 1000 Kilometers”(PIB) The State of Sikkim isblessed with natural abundance with the magnificent Mt. Khangchendzonga, the third highest mountain of the world, flowering alpine meadows, mountain lakes etc.Gangtok, the capital of the State of Sikkim, Pelling, Lachung, Lachen, Yumthang, Nathula Pass, Gurudongmar Lake aresome of the famous tourist destinations in Sikkim.
- A ‘One Health’ approach that targets people, animals(TH) The battle against COVID-19 should also be used as an opportunity to meet India’s ‘One Health’ targets
GS2: International Relations
- Delhi to London, a reconnection(IE) The two nations have a deep historical connection. But both have found it hard to move on from entrenched prejudices of the past.
GS2: International Bodies and conventions
- 7 Myanmar refugees can approach UNHCR(TH) The battle against COVID-19 should also be used as an opportunity to meet India’s ‘One Health’ targets
- No GST on imports of vaccine, medical oxygen(TH) Imports of COVID-19 relief material, including vaccines, medical oxygen and Remdesivir vials, will get a conditional ‘ad-hoc’ Goods and Services Tax (GST) exemption.
- Factory output growth decelerates: PMI(TH) The seasonally adjusted IHS Markit India Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) was at 55.5 in April, little changed from March’s reading of 55.4
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries issues guidelines for ‘Production Linked Incentive Scheme for the Food Processing Industry’(PIB) The Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) has issued detailed operational scheme guidelines and has launched an online portal for‘Production Linked Incentive Scheme for Food Processing Industry’(PLISFPI). The detailed guidelines of the scheme are available at Ministry’s website www.mofpi.nic.in. Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Shri Narendra Singh Tomar launched and online portal for the beneficiaries.
- India’s road to clean energy goes via natural gas(IE) Rather than focus only on the endgame of decarbonisation, India must first ‘green’ its fossil fuel energy basket by increasing the share of natural gas
GS3: Science and Technology
- Explained: Will CoWin API make it easier to get vaccine appointments? (IE) As per the APIs released by CoWin, a developer can build a tool to find vaccination appointments by PIN code, by district, by PIN code over a seven-day period, and by district over a seven-day period.
- Explained: Why a malaria vaccine candidate has raised new hope, and what went into its making(IE) R21/Matrix M has been developed by scientists at University of Oxford, the same location where the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine was developed. They’ have been working on this version for almost 6-7 years now.